Chief Entrepreneurship Officer – Branson Centre of Entrepreneurship – Caribbean
Job Title: Chief Entrepreneurship Officer, Branson Centre of Entrepreneurship – Caribbean
Location: Montego Bay, Jamaica
Reports to: Board of Directors, Branson Centre of Entrepreneurship – Caribbean
Job Purpose: To lead the work of the Branson Centre of Entrepreneurship – Caribbean to give entrepreneurs the skills, opportunities and inspiration to grow their businesses, ultimately resulting in positive economic and social impact.
The Branson Centre of Entrepreneurship – Caribbean (BCoE CA) was launched in Montego Bay, Jamaica in 2011 in partnership with Virgin Holidays and Virgin Unite, the entrepreneurial foundation of the Virgin Group. In the last five years the BCoE has established itself as the only accelerator in the Caribbean to offer a full suite of entrepreneur support services (from online training to access to finance), backed by a globally recognized brand, Virgin. It now supports over 600 entrepreneurs per year and has expanded into the BVI via a “virtual centre” delivered in partnership with KPMG.
The Chief Entrepreneurship Officer will lead the ongoing development and management of the BCoE CA. They will lead all activities at the BCoE CA including: strategy development and execution; managing and developing the senior team; delivering a best in class entrepreneur experience; managing key stakeholder relationships, including the Board of Directors; moving the BCOE CA to a self-sustaining business model; and monitoring and reporting of impact. They will report directly to the Board of Directors and work closely with Virgin Unite.
Setting strategy and direction
- Lead the development of the BCoEC strategy, in partnership with the Board of Directors.
- Communicate the strategic direction in a clear, engaging and exciting way for all stakeholders.
- Manage the annual planning process and on-going strategy implementation.
Building and leading the senior team
- Provide inclusive and motivational leadership, creating a positive working environment based on the Virgin family values.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain an outstanding management team
Delivering a best in class entrepreneur experience
- Evolve the BCoE CA offering to embed its reputation as the Caribbean’s leading accelerator.
- Balance entrepreneur needs with organisational constraints, ensuring brand standards are met.
- Take accountability for the overall financial performance of the BCoE CA.
- Maintain robust mechanisms for financial planning, monitoring and control.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant local and international legislation and regulation.
- Promote the success of the BCoE CA and its entrepreneurs by hosting or attending relevant events; media coverage; online and social presence, awards, and speaker opportunities.
Managing key stakeholder relationships
- Develop, maintain and support a strong Board of Directors: set Board agendas with the Chair; produce Board papers; seek and build Board involvement with strategic direction
- Work with external stakeholders, including the private and public sectors, to ensure that the BCoE CA plays its role in wider Caribbean economic development.
- Actively engage and energize Board members, volunteers, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders to add value to the BCOE CA proposition
Monitoring and reporting of impact
- Manage systems to track progress and impact, and regularly evaluate program components.
- Prepare regular reports for the Board, funders, and other constituents as per agreed timetables.
Moving the BCOE CA to a self-sustaining model
- Develop and implement a business plan for the BCoE CA to become self-funding.
- Establish and maintain a network of effective relationships with potential donors, representing the organisation in negotiations
YOU WOULD NEED TO SHOW EXPERIENCE OF:
- Substantial experience at a senior management level in a fast moving and results oriented organisation, including line management of a mid-sized team.
- Working directly with entrepreneurs and related programs.
- Successful revenue generation / partnership / fundraising and strong negotiation skills.
- Creating a culture that values and rewards innovation, professionalism, strong ethics, entrepreneurial thinking and fun.
- Strong communication skills with extensive experience of complex stakeholder engagement.
- Balancing commercial and not-for-profit approaches.
- A strong network within the Caribbean business community
- Working in an international organisation, managing relationships across multiple geographies would be helpful but not essential
- And last but not least, a desire to change business for good – we believe in making the world a better place through entrepreneurship.
Virgin Family Values
- SUPPORTIVE: We are a family of friendly and inclusive people who pull together and openly help each other.
- RESPECTFUL: We are a dedicated team who are honest, trustworthy and responsible.
- PROUD: We have fun, work productively and take pride in everything we do.
- ADVENTUROUS: We are curious to explore new ideas, find innovative solutions and not afraid to learn as we go.
- PASSIONATE: We are flexible, energetic and strive to exceed expectations.
- CREATIVE: We find smart ways to make positive changes that challenge the status quo
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 4, 2016
Entrepreneur Feature: Cyreca McGaw of McGaw and Company28th July 2016
Pioneers of Crowdfunding in the Caribbean19th July 2016
Entrepreneur Finance Lead
About the Entrepreneurship Finance Lead role: Reporting to the Entrepreneur Programme Director, your broad remit focus will be on assisting the Entrepreneur Programme Director with the design and execution of…